March 30, 2020 Update: School Closures Extended
The Okaloosa County School District wants to share important resources regarding the Coronavirus and information regarding keeping children healthy:
- OCSD Updates
- March 30th Update: Superintendent's Message about School Closures Extended through May 1st. Spanish Version.
- March 26th Update: Superintendent's Message about Online Education. Spanish Version.
- March 24th Update: Expanded Food Service: Meal service for all school-age children is expanding beginning Wednesday, March 25 with the establishment of four additional school feeding sites and a total five bus routes into neighborhoods to provide meals to students using Grab and Go. Read more in the link above. Spanish Version.
- March 23rd Update: Superintendent's Message to Families
March 22nd Update: Statement from Superintendent, Marcus Chambers about the week of March 23rd.
March 17th Update: Following a statewide conference with the Department of Education and other state officials today, the Okaloosa County School District has been notified that school sites will remain closed through April 15th. During this statewide extension of school closures, we will continue to work closely with all agencies to ensure that the health and safety of our students remains our highest priority. Spanish Version.
March 14th Update: The Okaloosa County School District will be providing breakfast and lunch for all school age students beginning Wednesday, March 18, and will continue the service through the week of March 23, when the state-mandated school closures take effect. For details read the attached press release. / Spanish Version
- March 13th Update: In an abundance of caution, and under the direction of the State of Florida, Okaloosa County Schools will be closed the week of March 16th, which is our Spring Break week, and the Week of March 23rd. TO REPEAT. Okaloosa County Schools will be closed the week of March 16th, which is our Spring Break week, and the Week of March 23rd.
This included cancellation of all activities and events both in and out of county through the next two weeks. Due to the closure, the expected date of return (March 30th) will be a Teacher Workday. Students’ planned return is March 31st. We will provide updates through call out and our website on a regular basis.The Health and Safety of our Students is our TOP Priority.
- Families First Conornavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Additional Information
- OCSD Pandemic Plan
- CDC Risk Assessment by Country
- Fact sheet
- What you should do
- Stop the spread of germs
- Hand Sanitizer Fact Sheet
- Cover Your Cough and Sneezes - Kids
- Cover Your Cough and Sneezes
- What to do if you are sick
- Proper Handwashing Demo
- Stay Healthy this Flu Season
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website
- Archived OCSD Updates
- Okaloosa County School District Hotline for COVID-19
- Okaloosa County Department of Health Call Center for COVID-19
- Monday- Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
- Florida Department of Health Call Center for COVID-19