Home / OCSD PD Plan / Endorsements / FL PD Protocol Standards / Frontline Platform / Individual PD Requirements / Required PD Activities / Professional Learning Catalog / SD Coordinator Manual / Vision and Mission / Instructional PD Manual
VISION AND MISSION
OKALOOSA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT VISION:
All stakeholders in the Okaloosa County School District share a collective responsibility to participate in continuous professional learning resulting in highly skilled, knowledgeable, and committed educators and ensuring that all students achieve and sustain high standards of learning.
OKALOOSA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT MISSION:
The Okaloosa County School District is committed to improving student learning by providing professional development activities that are research-based, relevant to state, district, and participant needs, sustained over time, and incorporate technology so that each participant may, in turn, provide rigorous instruction that challenges students’ thinking in an effort to prepare each for college and career.
OKALOOSA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT BELIEFS:
- The goal of professional learning is to improve teaching and maximize learning.
- Professional development uses a variety of approaches to accomplish its goals and includes ongoing support and time for practice.
- Professional learning opportunities are provided within the contractual day, as well as other times beyond the school day and year.
- Professional development provides a structure for implementing innovations related to the district’s goals and guiding principles.
- Professional development is driven by a long-range plan that focuses on individual, teams, and district needs through continuous improvement.
- Professional development provides opportunities for individuals to learn and work together cooperatively, ensuring that an equitable and quality education is provided to all learners. Professional development requires money, strong building and district leadership, time, and human resources to provide meaningful opportunities for all learners.
- Professional development recognizes that change is a process, not an event. Time is needed to initiate, implement, and institutionalize improvement.