FAQ graphic

Q: How do I receive my experience credit from Okaloosa County?

A: You can fax, email or mail your receiving counties form to 850-833-7638, personnel@okaloosaschools.com, or Human Resources, Niceville Central Complex, 202A Highway 85 North, Niceville, Florida.

Q: How do I transfer sick leave to the District?

A: Once you have notified your previous employer, they will need to send sick leave transfer documentation to Human Resources.

Q: When will I receive my paycheck?

A: Employees are paid the last working day of the month. You can have your check Direct Deposited by filling out MIS 3293 and returning to Payroll.

Q: When is my start date?

A: The school or department secretary provides the start date.

Q: How do I receive Master’s Degree pay?

A: Florida Statues Section 1012-22 (as applied to degrees held in an area of certification) hold that an employee who was hired on or after July 1, 2011, will receive a supplement for any education beyond a Bachelor’s degree.

Q: Where can I get Verification of Experience Forms?

A: Verification of Experience forms are available online or you may also request these forms while attending your hiring appointment.

Q: How much will I get paid?

A: Your hourly pay rate and/or annual salary will be set once all completed Verification of Experience forms have been received and approved by your HR analyst.

Please refer to the Master Contracts. Non-Instructional Employees are covered under the OCESPA Agreement and Instructional Employees are covered under the OCEA Agreement.

Q: When will my health benefits begin?

A: Health benefits become effective after 90 days of employment. You may contact the Insurance Department at 850.833.3190 for additional information.