ESOL Home / Students / Parents / Teachers / Forms / Contact Us
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) is designed to meet the diverse needs of students who are still in the process of learning English. The Okaloosa County School District serves over 1,500 English Language Learners (ELLs) who represent more than 50 different language or cultural backgrounds. The traditions and experiences of English Learners and their families bring a rich cultural diversity to our schools and community.
ESOL Mission Statement
Through our program, we strive to create supportive learning environments which value and build on students’ academic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds. To achieve this, we aim to build teachers’ skills to employ the best instructional practices as we encourage a community of cooperative learning among teachers, the district, parents, and communities.
ESOL Program Goals
- To promote an appreciation of different cultures and their contributions to our society
- To ensure that ELLs receive comprehensible instruction by supporting schools and adhering to state and federal rules
- To provide supplemental support to teachers of ELLs
- To provide evidence-based academic supports to assist ELL academic achievement and English language acquisition
- ESOL Instructional Strategies and Resources
- English Language Learner (ELL) Plan (2022-2025) / ELL Spanish (2022-2025)
- ESOL Manual 2021-2022
- FLDOE FTE General Instructions
- FLDOE Bureau of Student Achievement Through Language Acquisition