Curriculum, Instruction, Lesson Plans, and Videos
- Self-Advocacy Online - has a variety of short videos regarding the core components of self-determination
- I'm Determined - provides a variety of resources to help build self-determination skills (slides with embedded activities, handouts and resources).
- 4-1-1 on Disability Disclosure - workbook for students, from the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth (NCWD/Youth)
- Youth Videos - from the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth (NCWD/Youth), address various topics (e.g. disability disclosure, personal assistance services).
- Dude, Where's My Transition Plan? Video from the National Parent Center on Employment and Transition Video
- Booklet - Available in English and Spanish
- It's My Choice - Minnesota Council on Development Disabilities: A workbook for individuals with disabilities
- Youthhood.org - free resource but students must register) Students can create a private journal, access the "Activities Folder" and a "Life Map" goal-planner
- ME! Lessons for Teaching Self-Awareness and Self-Advocacy - from the Zarrow Center provide detailed lesson plans and resources
- Self-Directed Transition Planning Tool form the Wisconsin Let’s Get to Work Partner Schools and Students is an ongoing guide for teams to use as students move through transition, build life skills, and engage in educational and work experiences in preparation for adulthood.
- Self-Directed Transition Planning Lessons - from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Skills to Pay the Bills - (Available in English and Spanish) Mastering Soft Skills for Workplace Success - from the Office of Disability Employment Policy, is a curriculum with soft skill lessons and accompanying videos. Activities and curriculum focus on six key areas: Communication, Enthusiasm, and attitude, teamwork, networking, problem-solving and critical thinking and professionalism.
- Let's Get Everyone to Work DVDs and Resource Toolkit - from the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council, is a 45-minute downloadable video that explores strategies and approaches that lead to successful links to each section, including 12 personal stories of individuals with a variety of disabilities who are successfully employed.
- Explore Work - developed by Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center (WINTAC), is a collection of online modules that assist students with disabilities to explore work options and plan for a career.
- Money Smart - a financial education program from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Healthy Transitions - website that teaches skills and provides tools for care coordination, keeping a health summary and setting priorities during the transition process. It features video vignettes that demonstrate health transition skills and apps that support self-determination, decision-making, and collaboration.
- Independent Living Skills - video that demonstrates how a young person is prepared to live independently (approximately 8 minutes)
- Florida Health and Transition Services (Florida HATS) - provides resources for youth and families related to healthcare transition.
- Self-Advocacy Online - from the University of Minnesota, provides a variety of short videos related to the core components of self-determination.
- Self-Advocacy Online - a variety of short videos regarding citizenship, community involvement, personal health and safety.
- Free Online Resources - for professionals, students, and their families from FYI Transition. Six online modules (Manage Your Money, Manage Your Health, Community Life, Self-Employment, More Education, and Get a Job) are available for students at two different levels. Registration is required.