Shoal River has to move their game with us scheduled for Monday, October 27, due to tryouts being held later this year. We have not set a date yet, but Coach Valmus will let us know if we are able to re-schedule our home game with them. Again, we will NOT play Shoal River this Monday.
The Baker Golf Team competed at Indian Bayou in Destin for Districts on Tuesday, Oct. 14. Samantha Carver placed first in individuals and Easton Thames placed third in individuals. Sam and Easton will play in Regionals at AC Read in Pensacola on Tuesday. Congratulations to these two individuals on their accomplishments.
Health Screenings will be held on October 14th in the auditorium for the following grade levels:
3rd grade- 8 AM
1st grade- 8:45 AM
Kindergarten- 9:30 AM
6th grade girls- 10:15 AM
6th grade boys- 11:30 AM
2014 Homecoming Representatives
6th- Bayleigh Burlison
7th- Madison Newell
8th- Isabella Cain
9th- Hannah Burlison
10th- Carson Martello
11th- Lauren Steele and Mary Oglesby for Leadership
Homecoming is just around the corner!! This is going to be an exciting time for everyone and I know you will want to be a part of something GREAT. Take a moment to read over the homecoming guidelines and invitation.
Theme: Frozen in Time
Who: All High School Students and their dates (see the following guidelines about dates)
Outside dates will be allowed if the following criteria are met:
1) Tickets are purchased and the names of their dates are given to Mrs. Springle before Friday, October 17th. *Pending administrative approval.
2) No middle school students are allowed at this dance (even if they are your “date”)
3) Dates must be 20 years old or less.
When: October 24, 2014 after the football game from 9:30pm-12:00am
Where: Baker School Cafeteria
Tickets: October 6th – October 21st ……..$10.00 per person
Dates must be approved before tickets can be purchased.
Buy your tickets during these times in Mrs. Springle’s classroom (room 80):
Before school – 7:00-7:30am (no students will be allowed after 7:30)
Lunch (High School)
After school – 2:30-3:00pm (Mrs. Springle’s room)
NO PASSES WILL BE WRITTEN FOR STUDENTS TO THEIR NEXT CLASS!
1. The Homecoming Dance is semi-formal. For young ladies, formal/semi-formal dresses or Sunday type dresses are acceptable. For young men, you must wear proper button down shirts with collars or nice Sunday dress shirts. No tie is required. For everyone: no jeans, tennis shoes, flip-flops, midriffs or casual attire will be permitted. Tuxes and long formal gowns are optional. Inappropriately dressed students will not be granted entrance and refunds will not be distributed.
2. When you arrive at the dance you will be expected to come directly inside the building. There will be no loitering in the parking lot.
3. You are not allowed to re-enter the dance after leaving. Once inside, don’t leave until you are leaving for the evening. No trips to the parking lot will be allowed, so come inside with your ticket and snack money.
4. The dance will begin at 9:30 p.m. The doors will be locked until that time. The dance will end at 12:00 midnight.
5. Only Baker students and their dates will be admitted. No middle school students will be allowed for this dance.
Dress Up Days
Monday, Oct. 20 – Teacher Workday
Tuesday, Oct. 21 – Camo Day
Wednesday, Oct. 22 - Color Day (see grade level for color)
High School: 12 – Black; 11 – Pink; 10 – Blue; 9 – Yellow
Middle School: 8 – Blue; 7 – Pink; 6 – Yellow
Elementary School: 5 – Blue; 4 – Pink; 3 – Neon; 2 – Orange; 1 – Green; K – Yellow
Thursday , Oct. 23 - Throwback to ANY Decade
Friday, Oct. 24 – Spirit Day (Wear Maroon, White and Gold)
9th thru 12th Grade Soccer Tryouts!!
14th October thru 17th October, 2014
3:00pm to 5:00pm
Elementary Playground Fields
(Behind ROTC Building)
Cleats, Shin Guards, Ball & Water Bottle with Water
Bring Your “A-Game” And Showcase Your Soccer Skills!!
Maya Espinosa has been asked to represent Baker Cross Country as an Elite Runner at the FSU Invitational on October 11th. To qualify for this race, against the best female high school runners in the state, she had to be recognized by Flrunners.com as an elite female athlete with a 5K time of less than 19 minutes. Congratulations Maya and good luck to the entire Female Varsity Cross Country team as they all travel to participate in the FSU Invitational.
Baker Marching Band competed at the A-Town Invitational Band Competition in Andalusia this weekend. Our band scored straight superior ratings, with superiors also earned by our drum major, flag corp, and drum line. In addition, our flag corp earned Best in Class, and our band also earned Best in Class. Out of 22 bands in classes 1A thru 5A (we are in class 2A), we had the 4th highest score of the day. Thank you for your support of our bands here at Baker!
Baker Cross Country Boys and Girls teams are doing great this year. They recently won the meet at Paxton. Maya Espinosa earned 1st place in the girls race and 2nd place overall for the meet! Way to go, Gator Runners!
Saturday Nov. 1, 2014
Baker School 1369 14th St. Baker FL 32531
Come have a splashing good time at the 1st Annual Gator Splash Fun Run. Water balloons and Water Cannons will be set to get you wet as you navigate through the tree lined course. You can protect yourself and have fun too by bringing your own water source to spray your competitors. Refill stations will be available along the course so that you can keep having a Splashing good time!
Kids Fun Run at 10:00am $15.00
Adult 5K at 11:00am $25.00
Click HERE for the registration form.
Click on the link below to register online.